Get the book here

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Are You "Someone"? Am I?

Peanuts

I recall several verses as I read Snoopy's sigh...

And I ask myself...am I watching for people in my sphere of influence who need a word of encouragement, twenty bucks, a prayer, whatever?

Too many have "no one."

Consider:

Deu 28.29: "...day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you."

2 Sam 22.42:  "They cried for help, but there was no one to save them..."

2 Ki 14.26: "The Lord had seen how bitterly everyone in Israel, whether slave or free, was suffering; there was no one to help them."

Ps 22.11: "Do not be far from me, for trouble is near, and there is no one to help."

Ps 142.4: "Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life."

Here's a challenge: Is there anyone in your sphere of influence who appears to have no one? Will you be one?

On the other hand, at this time of Thanksgiving, does God bring to your mind someone who came alongside you when you felt there was no one? Maybe it's time to remind them how much you appreciated their help?

No comments: