Get the book here

Friday, July 23, 2010

Private Confession?

I can't recommend PETE WILSON'S BLOG
enough...it is great stuff from a pastor I've not (yet) met...Here's one of his transparent entries:

I’ve noticed a nasty little habit in my life lately. I call it “private confession.”
I’ve found it easy to confess my sins to God privately without going directly to the people I’ve impacted by my sin. I’ve got a feeling this is a disturbing tendency for most of us.
Personally it’s just so painful to go to someone and say…
I’m sorry my jealousy kept me from celebrating your recent success.
I’m sorry my out-of-control schedule has kept me from spending quality time with you.
I’m sorry my self-centered ego has kept my conversation completely focused on me.
I’m sorry my unchecked, lustful mind has damaged our intimacy.
I’m sorry.
So easy to say to God and yet so difficult to say to the people around us.
Matt 5 23″Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift."