Get the book here

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sanctified Confidence!

Great stuff from JAMES MACDONALD


I hope you are having a great week. I have been too busy–which in this case was not really avoidable. Up early and in God’s Word, I was reminded of a passage of Scripture from John 11 that always kind of rattles my windows.

He said to the disciples, “Let us go to Judea again.” The disciples said to Him, “Rabbi, the Jews were just now seeking to stone you, and are you going there again?” Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.” John 11:7-10

There were times in Jesus’ earthly life when He did or said things that made people scratch their heads. Even those closest to Jesus couldn’t figure Him out. One of those times was in John 11:7 when Jesus said to the disciples, “Let us go to Judea again.” Their mouths probably dropped open. Judea? Is that really a good idea? “Rabbi, the Jews were just now seeking to stone you, and are you going there again?” But Jesus’ answer showed no fear. “If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world. But if anyone walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.”

Jesus’ point was that some people walk in the light and some walk in darkness. If you’re living in the light, you have nothing to fear. Jesus certainly didn’t dodge the bad guys or go shirking around the countryside. Earlier He had consoled the disciples that “No one takes [my life] from me, but I lay it down of my own accord” (John 10:18). He would not leave this world one second early.

What an awesome attitude with which to live your life. As long as I’m seeking to follow the Lord and doing what pleases Him, nothing or nobody can hurt me. I have nothing to fear. I have nothing worry about, nothing!!!

Let’s go for that same confidence and refusal to fear as we follow Christ today! As long as you are in the light, NOTHING can hurt you!!!

Have a great day today, lift up your head. You are a son/daughter of the King and His protection is your birthright!

No comments: