Get the book here

Monday, May 18, 2009

Cast ALL your cares...



Our vacation on Bald Head Island, NC (pictured) got off to two great days, but Monday was cold, rainy and extremely windy.

But I ventured out on a jog/walk and walked down the beach to Cape Fear and watched, amazed, as waves crashed into each other over the submerged reefs. Along the way I collected shells.

Jane and I had walked the beach Saturday and discovered many broken sand dollars, and Jane said she really hoped to find a whole one.

As I walked I prayed about a lot of things, and specifically asked that I might find an entire sand dollar...

During part of the walk the wind was so hard I felt I was in the midst of a sandstorm...like getting a thousand shots a minute!

As I turned back I had a bucket full of shells, but, alas, no sand dollar.

Just as I got to the path leading back to our house, the Lord provided an answer...a nearly-complete sand dollar with all its' markings.

Coincidence?

Well, my experience is that "coincidences" happen a lot more often when I pray!

2 comments:

Tarah said...

Such a good husband. Such a good God!

Mandy said...

I'm always amazed and awed how God loves us in the smallest of ways. Great books you have showcased on your blog! Have you read "Humility" by C.J.Mahaney yet? Must read!