Get the book here

Monday, May 26, 2008

What Makes You Cry?


I am using the English Standard Version (which I heartily recommend) Daily Reading Bible (also highly recommended).

This morning I rode my bike to the Bath National Cemetery (see photos of Jacob taken there Saturday in the previous entry) to read, reflect, pray.

I read Psalm 119.136 "My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep Your law."

Then I turned to Philippians and read, "For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ (3.18)."

So I thought...do I just get furious/judgmental at those who do not keep God's law? Do professing Christians who buy into the world's system raise my blood pressure, or cause me to shed tears?

I wasn't too impressed with my answers. So I'm (again) asking the Spirit of God to soften my heart and be grieved, not simply peeved, at the things that break God's heart...

What about you? Feel free (am I begging to see if any one is reading?...close) to leave your comments!

3 comments:

tvtv3 said...

I am reading, Jack. I just rarely comment; I've tried to avoid using cant (useless words) in my life. Sometimes it makes people think I'm antisocial, which isn't the case. But I am beginning to digress.

Anger can often be easier to deal with/feel than grief and sadness.

Micah said...

That's a good idea.

Mandy said...

Reading...just found you...I'm an FLN listener.