Get the book here

Saturday, November 7, 2009

If I Were King

If I was the king of the world (hmmm, I hear Coldplay)...anyway, if I could I would mandate that every Christ-folower, especially those in vocational service, would read On Being A Servant of God by Warren Wiersbe. It is one of a handful of books that I read, reread, and get encouraged, clobbered, and exhorted with each reading.

His definition of ministry is worth several times the price of the book:  "Ministry takes place when divine resources meet human needs through loving channels to the glory of God."

As I restarted the book this morning here at Crescent Lake Bible Camp in Rhinelander, Wi I reflected that I first spoke at this camp for a winter retreat probably in 1979. Yikes! And I again reflect on what a slow learner I am...and a book like this challenges, comforts, and kicks-in-the-butt in just the right way to bring about not simply conviction, but change.

If you are satisfied with your life and ministry, ignore the book. If you are open to a sanctified mixture of challenge, conviction, and confirmation, get the book!

And, yeah, you can provide me a few cents for my deputation account if you order off the link below:



No comments: